The Rothley Trust
Call now on
0191 232 7783
The Rothley Trust was founded in 1959 by Mr Mungo Campbell, a local businessman who had made his money in shipping. He set up the Rothley Trust initially to provide funds for his grandchildren’s education and it later expanded to provide grants for a wide range of charitable organisations. Dr Angus Armstrong, a Rothley Trustee, is the nephew by marriage of Mr Mungo Campbell.
In 1967, it set up the MEA Trust and was the major funder for MEA House in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne - the first purpose built office accommodation for a collection of charities. MEA House was opened by HM the Queen in 1974. The Rothley Trust and the MEA Trust have been administered by different Trust Boards but from the same office since 1974.
The Rothley Trust is proud to have been a grant maker in the north east for over 50 years.